August. Normally, you're super hot and your lack of holidays is annoying. This year, I'm going to bestow the Hot 'n Annoying honor on June, whose only day of note is Flag Day, which really, woo woo woo, FLAG DAY. June was definitely much more miserable this year while the last two weeks have been quite temperate and enjoyable. I'm not saying I like you, August, but this year, you're okay.
Yuck, weather talk. Here's some other stuff that happened:
- Got my second parking ticket of the year. The first one was in April, so obviously, it's an A-month thing. Considering that in 2010 I received more than 20 tickets (!!!), getting only two in 2012 is pretty good. And no, I'm not carrying more quarters. I've just learned what parts of certain neighborhoods have free parking.
- Met a beautiful mastiff/Great Dane mix named Kevin, who was more interested in the pizza I was holding than me.
- I've officially given up on canvas flats. I'm done, everyone! I'm sick of them wearing out way too quickly just because shoe manufacturers refuse to make flats wide enough for my big feets. Shoes made of other natural or synthetic materials are still acceptable. Dry your tears, TOMS, 'cause I'm never going back.
- Went from longer sideswept bangs to shorter fringe but you knew that.
- I'll be on stage tonight with these guys at 8 p.m. Pretty damn excited.
That's about all the notably mundane moments I can take. Happy September.